River Peak Apothecary
Hearthstone Beard Balm • Autumn
About This Precious…
You are adventurer in your soul. You must see what lies over the next ridge. You always bury your jobbies and pee more than 200 yards from water sources. Hearthstone is your beard balm.
About The Formula
FOR THE CONTROLLING OF THE BEARD
The purpose of beard balm is getting the proper balance of moisture and control, and in formulating one, getting just the right ratios is a trick. Too soft and it doesn’t last long enough in your beard, too firm, and it’s a beard wax.
This one uses beeswax from a historic family farm, non-pore clogging Shea butter, and our secret weapon, Oat oil. This liquid silk of a carrier oil banishes dry and flaky skin under a beard, has excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, absorbs slowly, and lasts all day.
Is This Even The Right Product For You?
What does your beard need most?
- Moisture ~ You need beard oil, beard butter, or both
- Control ~ You need beard wax
- Both ~ You need beard balm, but the addition of beard butter would not be untoward
Do you like warm scents or cool scents?
- Warm (wood, spice, citrus, etc.) ~ You’re looking for Dragonsea or Hearthstone
- Cool (aquatic, herbs, moss, etc.) ~ You’re looking for Fjordmist, Frostwood, or perhaps Spiritbrook
- Light to Unscented ~ You’re looking for Spiritbrook or Deepwell
Do you like bright scents or deep scents?
- Bright (citrus, florals, etc) ~ You’re looking for Fjordmist or Dragonsea
- Deep (earth, woods, etc.) ~ You’re looking for Hearthstone or Frostwood
About the Inspiration
Crisp, dry evenings when the mind wanders to home and hearth
Radiant, spicy, roasted warmth
Ingredients & Other Details
Shea Butter, Beeswax, Oat Oil, Vitamin E, Castor Oil, Grapeseed Oil
Essential Oils & Absolutes Of:
Tobacco, Blood Orange, *Clove Bud, Coffee Bean, Black Pepper, Myrrh, *Bergamot, Beeswax, Agarwood, Fossilized Amber, Caraway
*denotes organic ingredient
Tips & Directions
Rub a small amount of balm (varies depending on beard size, about the size of a pea) between fingers until no clumps remain and smooth over the surface of your beard, working a bit into the interior, as well as the mustache. Use as often as desired.
The easiest way to get it out of the jar is by scraping forward with the back of your fingernail or thumbnail. Best used fresh out of the shower or on damp beard.